School Business Manager
School Business Manager
37 hours, full year; PO15 £42,806 - £45,659
Required from September 2019
An exciting opportunity is available for a School Business Manager to join our schools and work as part of our Senior Leadership Team. This role involves strategically planning and managing the schools’ delegated budget, overseeing Finance, Health & Safety, Buildings and Facilities and other administrative systems, as well as leading our support team.
We are looking for a committed, energetic, creative and inspirational person who should be self-motivated, flexible, highly organised and reliable. The successful candidate will have experience of finance, HR, leadership, staffing, premises and administration.
Our ethos of ‘Ensuring Excellence’ is at the forefront of everything that we do.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for: Admin staff, Caretakers, Midday Supervisors, External Kitchen Staff, and Cleaning Staff.
- Work as part of the Senior Leadership Team, equally across both sites, to ensure that the school meets its educational aims.
- Inspire and motivate others by leading by example.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the school budget.
- Provide financial reports and advice to the school’s leadership and Governors.
- Make a significant contribution to the growth of the school by managing all business aspects of the school.
- Promote the highest standards of business ethos within the administrative function of the school and strategically ensure the most effective use of resources in supporting the school’s objectives.
- Lead on all Health and Safety policies and audits and be directly accountable to the Headteacher and Governors for all issues that could lead to the closure of the school.
- In conjunction with the school’s safeguarding leads, ensure that the school safeguarding policies and procedures for all employees and visitors to the school comply with Ofsted requirements.
- Be a key holder of the school, deputising for the Caretakers, in relation to opening/locking at times of their absence.
Closing date: 9.00am Friday, 15th March 2019.
Completed application forms should be sent by email to: email@example.com.
Community Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the standards which flows from Community Academies Trust vision and values.
The role is covered by part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Community Academies Trust supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Community Academies Trust Company Registration No. 0747273-6
About the Employer
The Telford Langley School and The Telford Park School are sponsored by The Community Academies Trust (CAT) which has a track record of achieving and sustaining OUTSTANDING schools. Our approach is based on a fundamental belief that all young people have the talent and the potential to achieve more than they ever thought possible.
Alongside the family of schools, the CAT has established a teaching school which ensures CPD opportunities are abundant for all, no matter what stage of your career you are at.