Head of House
Salary: UPS/MPS + TLR2C (£6,515)
Contract term: Permanent
Suitable for NQTs: No
Required from September 2019.
We are seeking a talented, engaging and ambitious leader with a passion for making a difference. The successful candidate will make a positive impact on the lives and futures of the students in our school.
As Head of one of the Houses within The Telford Park School, you will have the opportunity to influence its ethos, identity and performance and to work to inspire and lead those within its community.
We seek a leader who is passionate about personal development, academic excellence, collaboration and delivering high quality support for every student.
This role offers the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to promote the wider development of students, in addition to their learning and achievement and to gain experience in strategic and operational leadership.
The successful applicant will:
• Model excellence in day-to-day leadership.
• Lead the development of high quality, learning centered policies & practices.
• Work with staff to ensure the House reflects the school’s ethos and aims.
• Develop a strategic view for the House which supports the vision, ethos and policies of the school.
• Support the creation and implementation of the school improvement plan, especially as it relates to the House and to take responsibility for appropriately delegated aspects of it.
• Use national, local and school management data effectively, to monitor standards across the House.
• Monitor the progress made towards achieving annual plans and targets and use the information to plan future developments.
• Ensure that parents are well informed about the curriculum, targets, children’s progress and attainment within their appropriate year groups.
• Take responsibility for a strand of horizontal pastoral care in conjunction with all other Heads of Houses to include the organisation of the Prom and Year Book for example.
We will offer you:
• An extensive CPD programme to nurture and develop your talents at all levels,
• A professional, hard-working and supportive team that works together to create a welcoming, vibrant learning culture inclusive to all,
• Access to a network of successful schools to share best practice and develop career prospects at the highest level.
• The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and all qualifications will be verified.
A subject specialism in English or maths is preferable, but not essential. Applications from all subject specialisms will be considered.
This post is not suitable for NQTs.
CLOSING DATE: 9.00am Monday, 8th April 2019. Interviews Friday, 12th April 2019.
Tours will be available with Deputy Head Staff as follows:
Friday 29th March at 10 am
Monday 1st April at 12 noon
Friday 5th April at 1.30 pm
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book on one of the above tours.
About the Employer
The Telford Langley School and The Telford Park School are sponsored by The Community Academies Trust (CAT) which has a track record of achieving and sustaining OUTSTANDING schools. Our approach is based on a fundamental belief that all young people have the talent and the potential to achieve more than they ever thought possible.
Alongside the family of schools, the CAT has established a teaching school which ensures CPD opportunities are abundant for all, no matter what stage of your career you are at.
The school is set in Telford, a bustling town centre nestled in the backdrop of the idyllic Shropshire countryside. There are a wealth of diverse attractions, both historical and contemporary, that attract visitors. The Ironbridge gorge is very popular, as are the picturesque market towns of Much Wenlock and Newport. Also, the excellent transport links mean that cities such as Birmingham and Manchester are in easy reach for further exploration.