Director of Inclusion
Start date: September 2019
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: Leadership 15-19
Contract term: Permanent
Suitable for NQTs: No
The Telford Langley and Telford Park Schools are looking to appoint a Director of Inclusion.
The purpose of this role is to oversee the strategic development of support for vulnerable learner groups, which will improve their lives and opportunities.
The post-holder will be a champion for inclusion across the two schools.
You will ensure that the new team you lead can:
• Provide advice and support regarding the inclusion of children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), Pupil Premium, children in care and EAL children.
• Ensure that statutory policies, functions and procedures are in place and consistently applied within the expected time scales.
• Ensure that EHCP application and review processes are fit for purpose.
• Work with the Deputy Head - Progress to be accountable for the performance related to education of pupils, narrowing the gap in outcomes between vulnerable children and their peers by improving access, aspiration and achievement.
• Work in partnership and liaise effectively with other services (including education, health and social care) to ensure there is coherent and appropriate support available for all pupils with SEND, through EPEPs and Care Planning meetings for children.
• Monitor and manage the Inclusion Department budgets to ensure the effective use of resources, value for money and compliance with financial management requirements.
We will offer you:
• An extensive CPD programme to nurture and develop your talents at all levels,
• A professional, hard-working and supportive team that works together to create a welcoming, vibrant learning culture inclusive to all,
• Access to a network of successful schools to share best practice and develop career prospects at the highest level.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and all qualifications will be verified.
Closing date: 9.00am, Friday, 5th April 2019. Interviews Thursday, 11th April 2019.
Tours will be available with Deputy Head Staff as follows:
Friday 29th March at 8.30 am
Monday 1st April at 1.30 pm
Thursday 4th April at 11 am
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book on one of the above tours.
Completed application forms should be sent by email to: email@example.com.