Track and trace during the Christmas holidays
I hope that you are all safe and well.
You may be aware that the government updated its advice to schools regarding our role in Track and Trace during the school holidays.
In consultation with our feeder primary schools I have decided that:
- Friday 18th December will remain as the last day of term with the amended school day taking place as planned.
- Monday 4th January will remain as a PD day as planned.
- School will reopen as planned on Tuesday 5th January at 8.25am for years 7, 10 and 11 and 8.55am for years 8 and 9.
We have also been asked to share the following information with you regarding any positive Covid-19 test outcomes for students and staff at Telford Park School during the period from 18 – 24 December:
· If a pupil or staff member tests positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), having developed symptoms within 48 hours of being in school (i.e. before 12.35pm on Sunday 20th December), the school will need to be contacted to identify close contacts and advise on self-isolation, as the individual may have been infectious whilst in school. Please notify us by contacting: email@example.com
· Where a pupil or staff member tests positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), having developed symptoms more than 48 hours since being in school (i.e. after 12.35pm on Sunday 20th December) the school should not be contacted. Parents and carers should follow contact tracing instructions provided by NHS Test and Trace.
Please contact the school in the usual way if you would like further information regarding this matter.
As always thank you for your ongoing support and very best wishes for an enjoyable and safe Christmas.
Best wishes and kind regards,
Mrs H Rigby
Head of School